Friday 28 October 2016

Canvas Class

It's always so exciting when I can get new people to dip their toes into the world of Mixed media and that's exactly what happened last Saturday when a group of ladies who normally come to my Scrapping Your Family classes decided to sign up for a canvas class.

We had a wonderful time, loads of mess, chat and tea/coffee (oh and don't forget the biscuits and scrummy cakes provided by Evelyn.) and EVERYONE went away with a completed canvas.

These are the two I did as examples


The first one was the more challenging of the two and I thought only a few would have a go but no, everyone wanted to do this one except my mum

 who chose this one

which is all about creating a background.

As with anything, these can still be added to but I called a halt as I didn't want to frighten everyone off lol. (that's for another class). 
There were two things that everyone found difficult. The first was remembering that ANYTHING GOES and it doesn't have to be symmetrical or pretty when you are preparing the canvas. Scrapbookers found this really hard.

The second was ignoring colour when placing the embellishments. It wasn't until everything was eventually painted white that they all understood the process and how it works.

I think everyone had a good time. Evelyn was one of the only people who added her photo on the day so here is her finished piece.


Watch out for more classes coming in 2017 and don't forget I can travel so if you would like a crafty group class please contact me. xxx

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and i love how the colours pop out from the pale background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie they are stunning. It sounds like a fun workshop. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is really appreciated and lets me know that someone is out there reading my blog xx