Saturday 13 February 2016

Botanical Butterflies

There is something really wonderful about butterflies and I love the way that they are displayed in the old botanical books so when I saw the Butterfly collage stamp (code butte) by Technique Tuesday, I had to use it in card class.



 The text is already part of the stamp so I stamped it twice, once onto card for the front of the card and again onto watercolour paper.

The butterflies were coloured in on the card  and the ones coloured in on the  watercolour paper were cut out and stuck in place by bending the wings and putting glue only the body of each butterfly.



If you want to keep the butterfly wings raised then put a small piece of sticky foam tape under each wing.

The bonus was the little stamp I used for the decoration and the top and bottom of the butterfly panel.



This was from a bargain set of stamps from The Works which cost me £1. Its a cracking set and Im sure I will use it again and again.

More tomorrow xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is really appreciated and lets me know that someone is out there reading my blog xx