Wednesday 18 October 2017

The Great Outdoors

I'm back again, well behind as usual but with so much to share. This is a recent layout from class, the idea taken from a beautiful layout I spotted on Pinterest and just adapted to suit the style I wanted.

The fantastic colours of the new Distress Oxides made this layout and everyone really enjoyed the stamping and colouring.
The letters were also coloured using the ink pads as were the butterflies and the simple white paper flowers finished the circle nicely.

I did try using white cardstock for the journaling however the black worked much better and helped tone down the busy background.

In this next picture you can see where I dropped one of the inked stamps which is where I positioned the white flowers. Just to show how accidents don't have to spoil the final effect.
The stamping in the middle was done using the largest stamps first and then gradually filling in the gaps with the flowers getting smaller and smaller.
Layout two coming soon. Please leave a comment if you have the time. It's nice to know there is someone out there watching xxx

3 comments:

  1. In scrapbooking I always say there are no mistakes just happy accidents and if you can't cover it up who knows it wasn't meant to be there unless you say?!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is really appreciated and lets me know that someone is out there reading my blog xx